Thursday, January 22, 2015

RLV 2.9.6.4

Hiya !

I promise I am not doing this on purpose ! But the camera and vision restriction features are being banged at hard, and as a results, lots of rendering bugs are found and need fixing asap... that's why I am constantly releasing bug fixes. I hope the flow will slow down because I really have other things to do, and you probably have better things to do than to constantly update your RLV as well, right ?

One thing I like in this version is the way the silhouettes are rendered. At last I finally found how to make them look like silhouettes, instead of like half-rezzed dark avatars. The initial plan was to render silhouettes like muted avatars in forward rendering (aka ALM off) :  flat and grey, but with attachments. The purpose being having someone very close to you but only guessing what they are doing, and who they are.

Anyway, here is the change list :

- fixed : Hovertexts on HUDs were hidden when the vision was restricted (a consequence of the changes in 2.9.6.3).
- fixed : Unrigged alpha attachments were visible through the vision spheres (I didn't know since my blindfolds also enforce avatar silhouettes, so attachments didn't show anyway).
- fixed : Show point at was still visible when the vision was restricted.
- changed : Silhouettes are now really silhouettes, with the attachments and all, but no details. For some reason, opaque unrigged mesh attachments do not show on silhouettes, but they do not show on regular impostors either (which the silhouettes are implemented from).

As usual, you can grab the viewer here :
www.erestraint.com/realrestraint

And the MD5 hash for the Windows executable is :
2318510fe9734881593e7af84b43e51c

Have fun !
Marine